Ready-Mix Concrete (RMC) is a ready-to-use concrete, with predetermined mixture of cement, aggregates, additives and water. It is manufactured in a centrally located factory (Batching plant) according to a set recipe or as per specifications of the client. It is then delivered to the client’s worksite, often in special trucks (Transit mixer) capable of mixing the ingredients of the concrete en route. This results in a precise mixture, allowing specialty concrete mixtures to be developed and implemented on construction sites.
RMC is preferred to on-site concrete mixing because of the precision of the mixture and reduced worksite confusion. It facilitates speedy construction through programmed delivery at site and mechanized operation with consequent economy. It also decreases labour, site supervising cost and project time, thereby resulting in savings, proper control and economy in the use of raw materials. It assures consistent quality through accurate computerized control of aggregates and water as per mix designs. It minimizes cement wastage due to bulk handling and there is no dust problem and therefore, pollution-free.
Advantages of ready mix concrete.
- Reduction in cement consumption by 10-12 % due to better handling and proper mixing.
- Dust pollution will be reduce and cement will be save.
- RMC uses bulk quantity.
- Environment pollution is reduced due to less production of cement
- Big benefits like speedy work, stability of structure.
- Eliminating or minimizing human error and reduction in dependency on labour.
- Increase construction life and save construction cost.
- Quality assurance due to all process is mechanical handling and uniformity of process.
- Less labour so less cost of labour cost.
- Reduce storage cost.
- Less maintenance cost as well as less operating cost.